The Role of an Enterprise Adviser
You don’t have to be an expert in Careers Advice and Guidance to be an Enterprise Adviser (EA). EAs use their business knowledge and experience to work closely with a secondary school or college Careers Leader and be a critical friend who provides strategic support. Within the EA role, you will be supported by a trained, full-time Enterprise Coordinator (EC) and a range of practical resources.
Why should I become an EA?
- To use your experience and network to inspire students
- Develop your interpersonal and strategy skills and gain new experiences as a role model to students
- Deepen your connection with the local community
- Build your organisation’s reputation and showcase the great work you do
What will I do?
- Share your knowledge and experience around job opportunities, key skills and recruitment to inspire and raise aspirations of students
- Support the school or college’s Careers Leader to develop a strategic careers plan to ensure every student receives meaningful employer encounters and workplace experiences
- Engage the school or college with local businesses and employers in your network to encourage their involvement in engagement activities
- Help the school or college to focus efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating students, supporting independent choice and enabling positive outcomes for students
- Please read the ‘Becoming an EA’ brochure and contact us if you’d like to join the hub as an EA.